Updated as of February 2022
- General Data Protection Regulation
Scoot Insights is headquartered in California. As a California-based company, we do not knowingly advertise in the European Union (EU), or market our Services to residents of the EU. However, our Website does not restrict visitors from the EU; we do not have in place any protections to prevent EU residents from accessing our Website. As a result, we provide the foregoing disclosure to EU data subjects.
Scoot Insights’ processing1 of the Personal Information2, such as the name, address, email address, or telephone number of an EU data subject (hereinafter, “Personal Information” or “Personal Data”) that is voluntarily supplied by the individual, or supplied by an authorized third party,3 shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to Scoot Insights.
Your Privacy Rights under the GDPR. The GDPR includes the following rights for you, as an EU data subject, if you provide Personal Information to Scoot Insights in connection with accessing the Services or visiting our Website:
- The right to be informed about how we store, use, or share your data;
- The right to access your data;
- The right to rectify your data;
- The right to have us erase your data;
- The right to prevent us from processing your data;
- The right to request copies of your data from us in a commonly-used and machine-readable format, free of charge, for the purposes of transfer to a third party, where technically feasible;
- The right to object to use or sharing of your data; and
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
Legitimate Business Interest under the GDPR. Our use of your Personal Information is based on the legitimate business grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you– for example, in order to enable access to our Website on your device;
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person or entity;
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information – for example, to provide and update our Website or Services, to improve our Website or Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Website or Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; and/or
- You have given us your consent.
Our Response to Your Requests. If you make any requests regarding your Personal Information, we will not charge you for compliance with the request. Scoot Insights will respond and comply within 30 days. Scoot Insights reserves the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we refuse your request, we will tell you why we are refusing your request. You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy, but you must do so within one month of our refusal.
Data Controller. Scoot Insights is the “data controller,” as defined under the GDPR, or the legal entity which determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Information of the customers of Scoot Insights and visitors to its Website. Scoot Insights is responsible for collecting your consent, managing consent-revoking, enabling right to access, etc. If you wish to revoke consent for us to store, use, or share your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Data Processor. Scoot Insights is the “data processor,” as defined under the GDPR, or the legal entity which processes, as this term is defined here in footnote 1, your Personal Information. Scoot Insights has not retained any third-party service provider to process your Personal Information. Any processing of Personal Information shall be done solely by Scoot Insights. Scoot Insights maintains records of any processing activities it performs, and is able to show how Scoot Insights complies with the data protection principles under the GDPR. It has effective policies and procedures in place. If you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Officer. Scoot Insights is not formally required to designate a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) because it is not: (1) a public authority; (2) an organization that carries out regular and systematic monitoring of individuals on a large scale; or (3) an organization that carries out large scale processing of special categories of data, such as health information or information about criminal convictions. You may contact Tara Thompson, Director of Scoot Insights. Tara Thompson is responsible for data protection compliance and can answer any questions you may have about your Personal Information. Tara Thompson may be reached at email@example.com.
Breach. Scoot Insights has reasonable internal policies and procedures in place to effectively detect, report, and investigate a data breach. The GDPR defines a Personal Information breach as “a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, Personal Information.” Pursuant to the GDPR, Scoot Insights will notify you of a Personal Information breach where the Personal Information breaches are likely to present a risk to data subjects to data protection authorities (“DPAs”) without undue delay, and within 72 hours if feasible, after becoming aware of the breach; and communicate high-risk breaches to affected data subjects without undue delay. In the unfortunate event of breach, Scoot Insights shall provide you with: (i) contact details of the DPO or other contact person for Scoot Insights, (ii) a description of the nature of the breach, (iii) likely consequences of the breach, (iv) measures Scoot Insights has taken or proposes to take to address the breach, and (v) advice on steps data subjects can take to protect themselves.
Note: Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA). Scoot Insights is not required to undergo a DPIA because Scoot Insights’ data processing is not likely to result in a high risk to data subjects, such as in cases where: (1) new technology is being deployed; (2) profiling operations may significantly affect individuals; or (3) processing is on a large scale and involves special categories of data. If you have any questions regarding DPIA compliance by Scoot Insights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints. Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every EU data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement of the data subject considers that the processing of Personal Information relating to him or her infringes this Regulation.
- Use, Processing, and Sharing of Personal Information
The following information applies to anyone who shares with us his, her, or a third-party’s4 Personal Information5. We may use, process,6 and/or share your Personal Information (and we have done so in the past 12 months):
- To respond to your inquiries and your requests regarding our Website or Services.
- To send you information regarding our services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communication and newsletters about our Services.
- To inform you and allow you to participate in our Scoot Insights’ promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes.
- To collaborate with business affiliates, partners, vendors, or service providers to provide you with our Services.
- In connection with our business purposes, as described above, including but not limited to data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing or enhancing new and existing products and/or services, expanding our business activities, etc.
We will not use and/or share your Personal Information:
- With anyone except for Scoot Insights’ authorized service providers,7business affiliates,8 and business partners9, and strictly for business purposes; or unless we specifically inform you, and give you an opportunity to opt out of sharing your Personal Information.
- To run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect Personal Information such as email addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers.
- To use or associate Personal Information with remarketing lists, cookies, data feeds, or other anonymous identifiers.
- To use or associate targeting information, such as demographics or location, with any Personal Information collected from the ad or its landing page.
- To share any Personal Information with Google or third-party companies through our remarketing tag or any product data feeds which might be associated with our ads.
- To send Google or third-party companies precise location information without obtaining your consent.
However, we reserve the right to disclose Personal Information that we believe, in our sole discretion, to be necessary or appropriate in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- To enforce our Terms of Service.
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Collection of Other Information
Personally Non-Identifiable Information: We may collect personally non-identifiable information, including but not limited to demographic data, age, education level, profession, geographic location or gender, from you when you choose to use our Services. This information is not, by itself, sufficient to identify or contact you. Scoot Insights may store such information, or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by partners, affiliates, agents, or service providers of Scoot Insights. Scoot Insights may use such information and pool it with other information to track data related to growing the business, such as the total number of visitors to our Website and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers.
Protected Health Information (“PHI”) and HIPAA:
The Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) provides specific protections for the privacy and security of Protected Health Information (“PHI”) and restricts how PHI is used and disclosed by Covered Entities and its Business Associates.
SCOOT INSIGHTS IS NOT A COVERED ENTITY OR A BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AND DOES NOT INTEND TO OPERATE AS A COVERED ENTITY OR BUSINESS ASSOCIATE AS SUCH TERMS ARE DEFINED UNDER HIPAA. ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO THE SCOOT INSIGHTS IS NOT CONSIDERED PHI UNDER HIPAA.
This Website is not intended to be used to communicate protected health information in accordance with our Terms of Service. Should you decide to share information regarding your past, present, or future physical or mental health conditions, we cannot guarantee that your information sent through this Website or transmitted to us via any other platforms we use to offer you Services, including but not limited to Zoom.com, will be kept secure and protected. If you share any such information through the Website or any other avenue we use to provide you with Services, you herein agree that you do so at your own risk. Specifically with regard to the sharing of any Personal Information, including health information, with Scoot Insights over Zoom.com, you herein agree to Zoom.com’s Privacy Statement (https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy/) and Terms of Service (https://explore.zoom.us/en/terms/).
Location-Based Information. Our Service may use location-based services in order to locate you so we may verify your location, deliver you relevant content based on your location as well as to share your location with our vendors as part of the location-based services we offer. We may, from time to time, provide settings in the Services that permit you to disable location-based services. Changing setting options may not result in immediate changes to the settings, which are subject to our operations and maintenance schedules. Users should carefully consider the use of such settings to improve information display options and to ensure the settings are properly set and functioning in the manner desired. Notwithstanding the availability of privacy preference settings, you should be aware that these settings are for convenience only, do not employ complex data security protection and may not be error free. However, please note that we will only directly provide third parties we work with access to your exact location information if you first give us permission to do so. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people.
Passively Collected Information: Your visit to our Website may allow us to obtain certain additional, personally non-identifiable information that is collected passively using various technologies. This information includes but is not limited to, for example, IP addresses, browser types, date and time of page views, location information associated with your IP address, domain names, your interactions to an ad delivered by us or our ad technology partners and other anonymous statistical data involving your use of the Website and/or our services. This information cannot presently be used to specifically identify you.
Aggregated Personal Data: Scoot Insights may analyze your Personal Information provided through the Website or in connection with rendering the Services, in aggregate form. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our partners, affiliates, agents, or service providers for business purposes. We may also disclose aggregated statistics to explain our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful, business-related purposes.
- Website Tracking
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, also:
- Track your use of our Website and the Services for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, etc.
- Track your behavior on our own Website and use of the Services to market and advertise our services to you on our Website platform and third-party websites. You may opt out of receiving advertisements by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/). Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising on the Services, generally. The advertising will simply not be targeted or specific to your interests.
- Tracking Technologies on our Website
Scoot Insights may use the foregoing technologies to track your activity on our Website:
Cookies. When you visit our Website or otherwise interact with the Service, we may send one or more “cookies” to your computer or other devices. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers stored on your computer through your web browser and are used by most websites to help personalize your web experience. Some cookies may facilitate additional site features for enhanced performance and functionality such as remembering preferences, allowing social interactions, analyzing usage for site optimization, providing custom content, allowing third parties to provide social sharing tools, and serving images or videos from third party websites. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies. We may link the information we store in cookies to any Personal Information that you submit while visiting our Website.
We may use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
Functional cookies, persistent and session type, store information to enable core site functionality, such as Live Chat and Client ID remembrance.
Analytics cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site and our marketing campaigns.
Advertising cookies may be set through our Website by our advertising partners. Data may be collected by these companies that enable the companies to serve up advertisements on other sites that are relevant to your interests.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but some features on the site will not function properly.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic files that signal when a webpage, advertisement, video, other content, an email or newsletter has been viewed. They are usually invisible to you. We may use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about our Service. Web beacons may be used within the Service to track email open rates, web page visits or form submissions. In some cases, we tie the information gathered by web beacons to your Personal Information to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and our marketing campaigns.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plugins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
ETag, or entity tag. A feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are a form of Device Identifier. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash and/or HTML5 cookies.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and its accompanying FTC regulation protects the privacy of American children aged 13 and under, who are using the Internet. The GDPR sets the age at which an EU child can give their own consent in order to process their Personal Data at 16 years of age.
The Website and our related Services are not intended for anyone under 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. Anyone aged 16 or under should not submit any Personal Information without the permission of their parents or guardians. Parents or guardians may, on behalf of their children, submit their children’s Personal Information. By using the Website and our related Services, you are representing that you are at least 16 years old and that you have the relevant legal authority to submit your Personal Information or that of a third-party minor, to Scoot Insights or on Scoot Insights’ Website.
In the United States, Scoot Insights will only serve American children and handle children’s Personal Information with the express written consent of their parents or guardians. Parents or guardians may, on behalf of their children, register their children with Scoot Insights so as to receive Services from Scoot Insights, and/or include their child(ren) in recorded Zoom.com sessions with Scoot Insights. In the course of doing so, children may transmit their Personal Information to Scoot Insights.
Audiovisual Files Your Child/Children’s Likeness or Image. Effective July 1, 2013, the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) updated COPPA to reflect changes in technology, and now considers a photograph, video, or audio file containing a child’s image or voice to be a child’s Personal Information. Upon your request and with your written permission, Scoot Insights may use Zoom.com to record sessions when we provide Services to you and/or your child(ren). In those sessions, your child(ren) might share their Personal Information with Scoot Insights. Scoot Insights then transmits to you and/or your children an electronic file of the recording, and the recorded audiovisual file is saved in Scoot Insights’ Zoom.com account, accessible only by Scoot Insights, for a period of 90 days before being automatically deleted. The Federal Trade Commission may classify this transmission and storage of your child’s audiovisual recording as “collecting” and “disclosing” your child’s Personal Information, and to that extent Scoot Insights herein:
- Along with the Customer Agreement, provides direct notice to parents and obtains verifiable parental consent before collecting personal information online from children;
- Provides parents access to their child’s Personal Information to review and/or have the information deleted, upon written request to email@example.com;
- Gives parents the opportunity to prevent further contact with a child, or prevent further use or online collection of a child’s Personal Information, upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Maintains the confidentiality, security, and integrity of information Scoot Insights collects from children, including by taking reasonable steps to release such information only to parties capable of maintaining its confidentiality and security;
- Retains personal information collected online from a child for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use**; and
- Does not condition a child’s participation in an online activity, such as the recorded Zoom.com sessions with Scoot Insights, on the child providing more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in said activity.
* We only share or disclose Personal Information collected from a child/children for a limited number of business purposes, including the following:
- We may share information with our service providers if necessary for them to perform a business, professional, or technology support function for us.
- We may disclose Personal Information if permitted or required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may disclose Personal Information collected from children (i) in response to a law enforcement or public agency’s (including schools or children services) request; (ii) if we believe disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, facilitate an investigation related to public safety or protect the safety of a child using our sites or applications; (iii) to protect the security or integrity of our sites, applications, and other technology, as well as the technology of our service providers; or (iv) enable us to take precautions against liability.
** Retention of Information. In any instance that we collect Personal Information from a child, such as when you expressly permit your child to participate in a recorded Zoom.com session with Scoot Insights or otherwise transmit your child’s Personal Information to Scoot Insights in connection with the provision of Services, we will retain your child’s Personal Information only so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the provision of our Services, or as required by law. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent’s consent for that collection. For those who choose to record their sessions with Scoot Insights, the audiovisual file remains in Scoot Insights’ Zoom.com account for 90 days, and then is automatically deleted. Scoot Insights is the only party who has access to Scoot Insights’ Zoom.com and the recorded audiovisual files.
VIII. Links to Other Websites
We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developers, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Website, app, or Services.
We maintain reasonable and appropriate, although not infallible, security precautions. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information, despite our reasonable efforts. You should note that in using the Website, app, and/or our related Services, your information will travel through third-party infrastructures which are not under our control. Please feel free to raise any questions, concerns or specific directions you may have regarding the privacy and security of your information to email@example.com.
- Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information for four (4) years, or as long as needed to provide the applicable Services. Our data retention period may change in the future if a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- Do Not Track
XII. Advertising/Google Ads
On this Website, Scoot Insights may provide you ads through Google Ads. Google Ads is a service for Internet advertising that allows the advertiser to place ads in Google search engine results and the Google advertising network. Google Ads allows an advertiser to pre-define specific keywords with the help of which an ad on Google’s search results only then displays when the user utilizes the search engine to retrieve a keyword-relevant search result. In the Google Advertising Network, the ads are distributed on relevant web pages using an automatic algorithm, taking into account the previously defined keywords.
The operating Scoot Insights of Google Ads is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
The purpose of Google Ads is the promotion of our website by the inclusion of relevant advertising on the websites of third parties and in the search engine results of the search engine Google and an insertion of third-party advertising on our website.
If a data subject reaches our website via a Google ad, a conversion cookie is filed on the information technology system of the data subject through Google. The definition of cookies is explained above. A conversion cookie loses its validity after 30 days and is not used to identify the data subject. If the cookie has not expired, the conversion cookie is used to check whether certain sub-pages, e.g, the shopping cart from an online shop system, were called up on our website. Through the conversion cookie, both Google and the controller can understand whether a person who reached a Google Ads ad on our website generated sales, that is, executed or canceled a sale of goods.
The data and information collected through the use of the conversion cookie is used by Google to create visit statistics for our website. These visit statistics are used in order to determine the total number of users who have been served through Google Ads ads to ascertain the success or failure of each Google Ads ad and to optimize our Google Ads ads in the future. Neither our Scoot Insights nor other Google Ads advertisers receive information from Google that could identify the data subject.
The conversion cookie stores personal information, e.g. the Internet pages visited by the data subject. Each time we visit our Internet pages, Personal Information, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, is transmitted to Google in the United States of America. Personal Information is stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these Personal Information collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies by our website, as stated above, by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such a setting of the Internet browser used would also prevent Google from placing a conversion cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, a cookie set by Google Ads may be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
The data subject has a possibility of objecting to the interest based advertisement of Google. Therefore, the data subject must access from each of the browsers in use the link www.google.com/settings/ads and set the desired settings.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Google Analytics. We and our third-party tracking-utility partners use log files on our Service to automatically gather certain information, including but not limited to internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data, for analytics purposes. Specifically, we analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the Website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a in the aggregate. We and our third-party tracking-utility partners use log files on our Service to automatically gather certain information, including but not limited to internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data, for analytics purposes. Specifically, we analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the Website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a in the aggregate.
On this Website, Scoot Insights has integrated the component of Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyze the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, inter alia, to evaluate the use of our Website and to provide online reports, which show the activities on our websites, and to provide other services concerning the use of our Internet site for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. The definition of cookies is explained above. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyze the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and into which a Google Analytics component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject will automatically submit data through Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of Personal Information, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves Google, inter alia, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store Personal Information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits to our Website by the data subject. With each visit to our Internet site, such Personal Information, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. Personal Information is stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these Personal Information collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
The data subject may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our Website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics/.
XIV. Your California Privacy Rights
California “Shine the Light” Law
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California customers are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. This code section applies to businesses with 20 or more full or part-time employees. At this time, Scoot Insights does not need to comply with this law, but does so voluntarily in an effort to assure you that we value your privacy.
You may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Scoot Insights has provided visitors to our Website with a link to an Internet Web page on our Website enabling visitors to opt out of the “sale” of their “personal information.” Our Website also contains a recognizable and uniform opt-out logo or button to promote consumer awareness of the option to opt-out. Please feel free to access both for more information and to effectively opt out.
Additionally, if you are a California resident age 16 or older, as of January 1, 2020, the CCPA gives you certain rights with respect to the processing of your personal information.
- RIGHT TO KNOW REQUEST– Under the CCPA, you may have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months, and ask that we provide you with the following information:
- Categories of and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- Purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- Categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
- Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- If applicable, categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
- RIGHT TO DELETE REQUEST– You may also have a right to request that we delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. They can be invoked if it is necessary for Scoot Insights to maintain the personal information pursuant to the exception.
- Transactional: Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
- Security: Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Errors: Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Free Speech: Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- CalECPA Compliance: Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- Research in the Public Interest: Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- Expected Internal Uses: To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Legal Compliance: Comply with a legal obligation.
- Other Internal Uses: Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Absent an exception, under the CCPA, we have 45 days to comply with your request.
XVI. Incorporation into Terms of Service
XVII. Opt-Out Policy
If, at any time after registering, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about the use of information volunteered by you, or if you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
XXII. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns relating to our use of your Personal Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may reach us by postal mail at:
Scoot Insights LLC
3525 Broderick Street
San Francisco, CA 94123